Miyetti Allah denies trending video of attack on herdsmen in Ebonyi
Says video circulating in different Social Media Platforms is fake and that the video is handiwork of enemies of Ebonyi State to cause disharmony between the good people of Ebonyi State and the herdsmen
The leaders of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) has denied a trending video of attack on herdsmen in Ebonyi State, saying that the video is fake.
This was contained in a Communiqué issued by MACBAN leaders, Alhaji Usman Ishaku and Alhaji Inusa Sani in Abakaliki on January 4, 2021.
MACBAN said the fake video on attack on herdsmen in Ebonyi State is a handiwork of enemies of Ebonyi State, whose objective is to cause disharmony between the good people of Ebonyi State and the herdsmen.
MACBAN noted: “The fake video circulating in different Social Media Platforms recently where a voice was heard saying “that Ebonyi people do not need Fulanis and are destroying their property and chasing them away from Ebonyi State”, is nothing but a criminal distortion of facts by enemies of the progress so far made in the state and whose objective is to cause disharmony between the good people of Ebonyi State and the herdsmen.”
The Communiqué which was signed by the Chairman and Secretary of MACBAN in Ebonyi State was delivered in a Press Conference which had in attendance, the Secretary to the State Government and Coordinating Commissioner, the Hon Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice and other Government functionaries, the Service Chiefs, including the Commissioner of Police, the DSS, the Commandant Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp , representative of the Commandant Nigerian Army, the Commandants of FRSC, Nigeria Drug Law Enforcement Agency and Immigration Service, the Controller of Service, Nigerian Correctional Service and the Miyeti Allah representatives in Ebonyi State.
The Communiqué reads thus:
Communique issued on 4th January 2021, by Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) Ebonyi State chapter
The attention of Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN), Ebonyi State chapter has been drawn to a fake and misleading video in circulation on social media platforms alleging that herdsmen were being attacked and chased out of Ebonyi state.
The Association wishes to state categorically as follows:
1. That the audio and video in circulation on social media platforms alleging that herdsmen were being attacked and chased out of Ebonyi state are false, fake, misleading and are criminally orchestrated by mischief makers and enemies of the peace enjoyed by the Association in Ebonyi state to cause disharmony between the peace loving people of Ebonyi state and Fulani Herdsmen resident in Ebonyi state.
2. That the Herdsmen resident in Ebonyi State have co-habited peacefully with their natives and host communities without fear, molestation, threats or intimidation to them or their cows.
3. That on the 2nd of January 2021, one of the herdsmen resident in Ebonyi state, particularly at Ozibo village by name Alhaji Adamu informed the Association of his intention to relocate back to Taraba state with his family, for according to him, he has been given a title that would warrant him to stay in their village and that he would seek a greener pasture for his cattle while in Taraba State.
4. That everybody has a right in Nigeria including Ebonyi state to reside anywhere he or she desires and will be given unfettered access to do so.
5. That the Miyeti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN), Ebonyi State Chapter wishes to inform the general public to disregard the audio and video in circulation on social media alleging that herdsmen were being attacked and chased out of Ebonyi state as that is not the true position of the relationship existing between the herdsmen and the people of Ebonyi State.
6. That the Association enjoins the security agencies to fish out those behind the audio and video and prosecute the perpetrators to serve as a deterrence to others.
7. That we commend Ebonyi State government under His Excellency, Engr. Chief David Nweze Umahi for being a detribalized leader, and for carrying all Nigerians along in his scheme of things in Ebonyi State.
Alhaji Usman Ishaku Alhaji Inusa Sani
Chairman, (MACBAN), Ebonyi State Chapter Secretary, (MACBAN), Ebonyi State Chapter
Speaking during the event, the Secretary to the State Government and Coordinating Commissioner who spoke on behalf of Ebonyi State Government, said the content of the video has no iota of truth and has no connection with the peace loving people of Ebonyi State, as the incident never happened anywhere in Ebonyi State.
He appreciated the executives of the herdsmen in Ebonyi State for a harmonious relationship and promised that the government will join hands with Security agencies to fish out the perpetrators of this propaganda because, whatever is their motive, whether political or otherwise, is criminal and therefore condemnable.
He therefore urged members of the public to disregard the video and its content as it was a product of the enemies of the State.
On his part, the Governor of Ebonyi State His Excellency, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, in a conference call, directed the Security Agencies to rise to the occasion and arrest any person or group of persons that has a hand in creating tension or causing violence or breach of the peace.
This, he said, includes those whose intentions are to threaten the culture of peace which Ebonyi State has enjoyed over the years with the herdsmen in the State.
Governor Umahi assured all of the commitment of his administration to the Security of lives and property of all inhabitants of the State no matter their place of origin.