More troubles for Ambassador Regina Ocheni as petitioner drags Foreign Affairs Ministry to Reps over alleged fraud
More troubles are looming in the horizon for Mrs. Regina Ocheni, a Deputy Ambassador appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari as a petitioner, Winston Chuks Obikwelu Esq. has dragged the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the House of Representatives over a reported fraud allegedly perpetrated by officials of the Ministry involving the Deputy Ambassador appointee.
The petition titled “Request to order investigation into the alleged criminal abduction of my children and handover the remains of my late wife by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs“, dated 26th April, 2021, was addressed to the Speaker of the House of Representative, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila.
The petition, submitted on behalf of the complainant by Hon. Dozie Nwankwo, reads:
Your Excellency Sir.
Request to order investigation into the alleged criminal abduction of my children and handover the remains of my late wife by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The intolerable injustice against me by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has dragged interminably with all spirited efforts deployed by some staff of the Ministry to frustrate the wheel of Justice.
Wherein, I state as follows:
1. I am Winston Chuks Obikwelu, a native of Ukwulu in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State.
2. That got married to Mrs. Emmanuela Odinaka Obikwelu now deceased under traditionally and church wedding in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Attached herein is our Certificate of Marriage.
3. That my Late wife, Mrs. Emmanuel Odinaka Obikwelu made a publication for a change of her maiden name on Saturday Champion Newspaper of 19th July, 2008. The said publication is herein attached.
4. I further aver that the said marriage was blessed with four children namely: Chimdi Emmanuela Obikwelu (Female 14 years), Joan Onyekachi Obikwelu (Female 12 years), Chukwumaeze Elijah Obikwelu (Male 11 years), Goodluck Kamsi Obikwelu (Male 9 years). The pictures and birth certificates are herein attached.
5. That my late wife Mrs. Emmanuela Odinaka Obikwelu was a staff of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Attached herein is her letter of appointment.
6. That my wife on the 28th August 2015 deserted her matrimonial home and ran away with our four children at the prompting of her father.
7. That immediately after she left my house, my late wife filed a petition for the dissolution of our marriage and custody of our children at Customary Court sitting in Saburi in a suit No FCT/CC/SB/CV/07/2015, which I cross petitioned her and sought the reliefs for the dissolution and custody of our children.
8. That the Court advised the parties to meet and agree on access to the children pending the determination of the substantive case but my late wife and her father refused me access which resulted in various motions, which I filled in Court to enable me have access to my children and has not been determined before the sudden and unfortunate death of my wife.
9. That on the 14th September, 2017 at about 23:41pm my father in-law who has consistently denied me access to my children sent me an SMS stating that my Son, Goodluck Obikwelu was admitted at Maitama General Hospital where he passed on, and I gave an express instruction to my late wife to deposit the said body of my son to morgue to enable me conduct autopsy and find out what was the cause of the death of my son but i was ignored. Attached herein is the said sms and my son picture.
10. That the medical report I got from Maitama General Hospital showed that my son’s name was changed from Goodluck Obikwelu to Goodluck Amadi with no justifiable reason. Find attached the said medical report.
11. That on the 18th September, 2017 I wrote a petition to Inspector General of Police to order full scale Investigation regarding the whereabouts of my son and it was referred to the Homicide Department of FCT Police Command, investigated by one SP OLUFOWOBI OLUBUSAYO, who has acted with bias and unprofessionally in her conduct during the investigation. The HOMICIDE DEPT FCT POLICE COMMAND refused to invite the medical personnel who attended to my son, the investigating team refused to obtain the death certificate of my son, who allegedly died in Maitama General Hospital. The suspects Mr. Godian Amadi (my father in law who is a blind man) who admitted he was the one who buried my son alongside with my late wife Mrs. Emmanuella Odinaka Obikwelu has refused to show the Police where my son was buried till today. Find attached the letter addressed to the Inspector General of Police dated 16th September, 2017.
12. That my late wife and her father has consistently published unfounded information to various securities agencies, my office, Head of Civil Service of the Federation and other government offices alleging fraudulent conduct and an informant to dreaded Boko Haram as a staff of the Presidential villa Abuja between 2012 to 2017 an allegation which they cannot prove. The petitions are attached herein.
13. That I caused a petition to the Commissioner of Police to order investigation of the alleged false information, criminal conspiracy and defamation of character against me by my late wife and her father, Mr. Godian Amadi, through a law firm of Ikechukwu Ezechukwu and Co, SAN. The police after their investigation established a prima facie evidence against them and charged them to court for an offence of criminal conspiracy, defamation and false information. Attached herein is the First Information Report dated 29th September, 2017.
14. That on about the month of November 2017, I got an information from a friend of mine who is a staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding external posting of some of their staff including my wife, and I quickly wrote to Head of Civil Service of the Federation, the Hon. Minister and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to inform them of the pendency of a criminal trial of my late wife and her father prosecuted by FCT Police Command and for them to comply with the provisions of the Public Service Rule. Attached herein is the aforesaid letters dated 30th November, 2017.
15. That the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation replied me and I quickly wrote a letter dated 12th December, 2017 addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs to comply with the provisions of the Public Service rule in respect of the above, thereto. I also want to place on record that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not acknowledged my letter. Find attached letter from Head of the Civil Service of the Federation dated 12th December, 2017.
16. That despite having written to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the pendency of my wife criminal trial and divorce proceedings they still went ahead and issued an external posting letter to my late wife, MRS. EMMANUELA ODINAKA OBIKWELU dated 18th May 2018 to Caracas, Venezuela.
17. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs went further and issued a letter to The Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service signed by AMB. OLUKUNLE A. BAMGBOSE(Permanent Secretary), Ministry of Foreign Affairs dated 7th June 2018, a request for issuance of E Standard passport for my children by one F.N AMADI signed for Honourable Minister, and consent letter for issuance of Nigeria standard passports of our children which was signed by one OBIKWELU EMMANUEL WINSTON (whom my wife presented as her husband and impersonated me as the father to my children) and OBIKWELU EMMANUELA ODINAKA my late wife as the mother dated 11th June 2018 without my knowledge and consent, even with the pendency of the criminal trial since 29th September, 2017. Attached herein is the certified true copy of the letters.
18. That in the Senior Magistrate Court of the Federal Capital Territory Holden At Wuse Zone 2, Before His Worship Ubani Tony Chukwuemeka on the 21st January, 2019 delivered a Ruling in a Suit No CR/45/2017 BETWEEN: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE AND 1. GODIAN AMADI 2. EMMANUELLA C. AMADI and ARREST WARRANT issued against my late wife EMMANUELLA C. AMADI dated 21st January, 2019. find attached certify true copies of the Ruling and Arrest warrant issued by the Court.
19. That I wrote to the Hon. Minister, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Head of Civil Service of the Federation and Hon. Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation on the 27th February, 2019 on notification of arrest warrant and certified true copy of the ruling delivered in the case of Commissioner of Police VS Godian Amadi and Emmanuella Amadi in a suit NO CR\45\2017 AND REQUEST FOR INTERVENTION AND ORDER COMPLIANCE, THERETO. Attached is the certify true copies of the notification of warrant of arrest issued and ruling delivered.
20. That it is very instructive to note that my late wife was never due for external posting but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs meddled into my family matters since 2015 and took side with their staff and in the process allegedly abducted my children and killed my wife.
21. That I also wrote a similar letter to Nigeria Immigration Service to intimate them of the alleged fraud dated 22nd November, 2018, 17 January, 2019 and 8th April, 2019 and a reply from Nigeria Immigration Service dated 3rd January, 2019 dismissing my complain as a result of institutional conspiracy. Find attached the aforesaid letters.
22. That on the 25th January, 2019, I wrote a petition to Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) to inform them of the alleged fraud perpetuated by some staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, whereof they aided one man who impersonated me as OBIKWELU WINSTON EMMANUEL and shared my personal identity (same State, town and village) and signed Consent Letter with my late wife to fraudulently obtained International Passports for my children, thereby defrauded Nigeria government millions of Naira on Foreign Service Allowance and other allowances pursuant to Nigeria Foreign Service Regulations. The said letter is hereby attached.
23. That the Nigeria Immigration Service E- official/ Diplomatic passport data form filled by the impersonator bears my personal identity except his passport photograph affixed on the form. The said Immigration form is hereby attached.
24. That on the 15th April, 2019 I wrote to the Acting Inspector General of Police to complain of the alleged commission of crime perpetuated by my late wife and Ministry of Foreign Affairs which was under investigation at INTERPOL, Police Force Headquarter. Find attached petition.
25. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has refused to grant INTEPOL and NAPTIP all the information required to conduct Investigation of this matter since February, 2020 till date.
26. That while investigation was still pending at ICPC through my petition dated 25th January, 2019 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs aided the suspect who impersonated me with a Letter of Introduction and note verbale on the 25th October, 2019 to obtain Visa from Venezuela Embassy in Maitama Abuja and accompanied by a female protocol officer. The suspect OBIKWELU WINSTON EMMANUEL departed Nigeria on the 3rd December, 2019 with Turkish Airline from Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja at the Federal Government paid trip thereby deliberately frustrated the ongoing Investigation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
27. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs aided the fraudulent inclusion of a child who bears my name as Enyiazu Theresa Obikwelu (Female 16 years) as one of my child and defrauded Federal Government of Nigeria millions of Naira as Foreign Service allowance, pursuant to Nigeria Foreign Service Regulations. [Attached herein is the picture of the said girl purported to be my daughter.]
28. I brought this information that my surviving children is three (2 girls and one boy) as against (3 girls and 1 boy) four children that left to Caracas, Venezuela as my children. I exposed this fraud in my letters addressed to the Hon Minister and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs in all my series of letters since past three years but I was ignored. Find attached ENYIAZU THERESA OBIKWELU’S Immigration E-passport data form attached herein attached.
29. That on the 12th February, 2019 and 10th July, 2020 respectively, the counsel to my late wife in a suit FCT/CC/SB/CV/07/2015 at Customary Court Dawaki informed the Court of the NOTIFICATION OF THE PETITIONER’S OFFICIAL TRIP TO CARACASS, VENEZUELA AND LETTER OF WITHDRAWAL OF SUIT BY THE PETITIONER OVER HER DEATH. The Certify true copies of the said Letters are attached herein.
30. That on the 7th May, 2020 I got information that my late wife slumped and died in her office and upon enquiries to confirm the devastating news, I met AMB Regina Ocheni who was then Director of Tanning and Staff Welfare to confirm the condition of my biological children kept in the custody of a man who impersonated me and their safety. Find attached copy of affidavit of fact deposed by me.
31. That on the 16th July, 2020 and 24th August, 2020 with several visits, we wrote letters to the Hon. Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and attention Director, Training and Staff Welfare to ascertain the condition and whereabouts of my children who are in the custody of a man suspected with perpetual criminal intent but our letters were ignored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs till today. The said letters are hereby attached.
32. That on the 5th October, 2020 I wrote to the Hon. Minister, Ministry of Foreign Affairs attention to Director, Training and Staff Welfare of the rulings delivered on the 12th March, 2019 and 20th July, 2020 delivered in the case of divorce/custody between Emmanuel Obikwelu (Petitioner) and Winston Obikwelu (Respondent/Cross Petitioner) in the Customary Court Grade A on a suit No FCT/CC/DK/13/2018 to inform the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that my marriage with my Late wife is still subsisting and no Court has pronounced divorce nor return of my bride price, yet I was ignored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The said letter and rulings are hereby attached.
33. That in all efforts to get Justice, I sought for an audience to the Hon. Minister through my Letter dated 23rd November, 2020 but was ignored till date. The said letter is herein attached.
34. That on the 14th December, 2020, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs brought the suspect (Emmanuel Winston Obikwelu) whose real name was revealed as Emmanuel Iladion from Igbanke in Edo State alongside with my children aboard Turkish Airline, was arrested in Murtala Mohammed Int’l Airport, Lagos while my children was routed through Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport unaccompanied from Istanbul, whereof they were taken to unknown destination till this moment I have not heard nor seeing my children.
35. That in continuation of the injustice against me by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry issued letter of Introduction on the 17th December, 2020 to my father in-law, Mr. Godian Amadi to enable him obtain letter of Administration from probate department of FCT High Court. Find attached a request for caveat in respect of letter of administration concerning my late wife.
36. That presently ICPC, INTERPOL, EFCC and NAPTIP are investigating the alleged various criminal Infractions perpetuated by some persons from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but the Ministry has irrevocably vowed to frustrate the process of investigation.
37. That I am the only surviving parent of the children of my marriage and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has subjected me to serious monumental and colossal losses. The mental torture I am going through for not hearing nor seeing my children since 28th August, 215 till today was unheard of as a result of the unconscionable conduct of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
38. That my children are in serious emotional trauma whereof they are kept in a solitary confinement without access to education is worrisome to me and their future.
39. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has behaved with inconceivable cruelty, whereof the whereabouts of the remains of my late wife and children is unknown till date and no communication whatsoever from the Ministry.
40. That Ministry of Foreign Affairs were so biased and hostile to me because of my courage to challenge Injustice, fraudulent activities, corruption, institutional conspiracy and syndicate racketeering as epicenter in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; hence, my life is under threat for exposing the rot in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
41. That the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has resorted to victimization and witch hunt against me for fighting for justice and exposing corruption in the Ministry. The Ministry wrote petition to Head of Civil Service of the Federation and EFCC to silence me from seeking justice to recover my children and remains of my late wife. Find attached responses to my query and letter addressed to EFCC from law firm of Ikechukue Ezechukwu and Co, SAN.
42. That my life and family members are in danger over my insistence to get justice.
It is worrisome and incredulous having known that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has deliberately concealed the information regarding the sudden and unfortunate death of my wife and whereabouts of my children.
I am a citizen of Nigeria and should not be subjected with manifest injustice by an agency of government.
Curiously, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has ignored my letters of 16th July, 2020, 24th August, 2020, 5th October, 2020 and 23rd November, 2020 ostensibly to cover their insidious crime. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has vowed that I can never get justice by frustrating all my efforts to have access to my children and information regarding the death of my wife in active service.
I most humbly request the HON SPEAKER Sir, to promptly and graciously intervene as a citizen of Nigeria in order for me not to further suffer great harm because my children’s life and future are at stake here by directing for a fully and uncompromised investigation.
I have spent so much time and money over this matter. My children were allegedly stolen away and remains of my Late kept in secrecy by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs without my knowledge and consent which no man will tolerate as a concerned father and husband.
1. That the Hon. Speaker is kindly requested to constitute an independent investigative panel to unravel the various roles played by some staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on this issue.
2. That the Hon. Speaker should direct the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to handover my children to me as the surviving spouse and the remains of my wife taken away to unknown destination without my knowledge and consent.
3. That the Hon Speaker should direct the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to stay action on the benefits of my late wife since I have placed a caveat to probate unit of FCT High Court.
4. That the Hon. Speaker should direct the immediate release of the remains of my late wife, Emmanuella Odinaka Obikwelu for proper burial in my home town.
5. That the Hon Speaker may direct as he may deem fit any position that will bring lasting peace.
That I am available upon request to throw more light and adduce more supporting documents that can help in investigation.
Please accept the Hon. Speaker, my profound thanks for your gracious attention to my request.
Winston Chuks Obikwelu, Esq.