Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

NIDCOM Receives 2 Nigerians Held Hostage In Bosnia

Abia Uchenna and Eboh Chinedu students of Federal University of Technology Owerri who were held hostage in Bosnia-Herzegovina Border Camp arrived Abuja, Nigeria last night.

This Saturday, the Students were officially received by the Secretary, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission Engr. Dr. Sule Yakubu Bassi on behalf of the Chairman/CEO NIDCOM, Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

Dr Bassi urged the two Nigerians (students) to always be of good behaviour wherever and whenever they find themselves by  obeying the laws of their country of  stay.

Dr Bassi commended the Federal Government through the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr Geofrey Onyeama, the Nigerian Ambassador to Hungary and  all Mission Staff for the humane and prompt response to the plight of the two Nigerians.

Furthermore, the NIDCOM  Secretary  commended the timely and untiring efforts and energy by the Chairman/CEO of  NIDCOM Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa for ensuring their release and return home to Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Uchenna and Chinedu after narrating their ordeals which include: language barrier, harsh and hostile treatment and camp conditions as well as feeding. They  said they are however overwhelmed with joy to be back home.Hear them:

“We are very very very happy to be back home to Nigeria. There is no country better than Nigeria especially the freedom we enjoy here.

“We want to thank especially Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa. She is indeed a mother. That woman is so so kind.”

They continued: “The way she spoke to us on telephone from Nigeria when were in camp in Bosnia was very encouraging, we can’t thank her enough, She put us in hotel and fed us very well here in Abuja.”

The two Nigerians were also appreciative of the quick intervention of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Nigerian Ambassador to Hungary and all Embassy Staff in Budapest.

It could be recalled that the duo of Uchenna and Chinedu were in Croatia for the International University  Table Tennis Tournament but were arrested while on a walk out in the capital for their inability to present supporting documents (which they claimed were in their hotel rooms) and were transferred to Bosnia-Herzegovina Border Camp where migrants are processed.

They were arrested on November 16, 2019 but released and back home December 21st, 2019.

Comments are closed.