Read below Presidential Spokesman, Femi Adesina’s submission on Lassa fever on his Facebook Page:
Lassa fever is Spreading! ONDO 2 suspected case. Lagos 3 suspected case. Source Dayo Adeyeanju and Jide Idris, the Health commissioner of both states.
Lassa fever is a viral heamorrhagic disease.
Mode of contact: Secretion (Feaces and urine contact with human food) of rats (Rat with several mammary glands)
1. Pls block rat hole. Use cement buy rat gum to kill rat
2. Good personal hygiene like hand washing etc
3. Use rat poison
4. Store food especially garri in a covered container
5. Wash your plate spoon and soup spoon (stirrer)
6. Watch your hand very well
7. Medical workers, please use Universal precautions. Nurses and Doctors are most at RISK.
8. Watch out the symptoms, headache, joint pain, weakness, and bleeding from orifices just like Ebola!
9. NB: It might be asymptomatic i.e. the person might have it and might not show any of these symptoms.
10. Pray. May God prevent us from infectious and non-infectious disease.
Post Scriptum: According to statistics, Lassa fever has killed 93 Nigerians and no solution yet.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews