NLC threatens resumption of Kaduna strike
The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, on Tuesday, June 22, 2021, threatened to resume its suspended strike in Kaduna State.
NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, disclosed this during a press conference after an emergency National Executive Council meeting of the congress in Abuja.
Wabba said state councils and affiliate unions had been directed to mobilise for the latest action.
Wabba accused the State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, of failing to respect the Memorandum of Understanding brokered between the NLC and the state government by the Federal Government.
He said the congress “after exhausting all avenues, including writing letters to President Muhammadu Buhari and Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, the Union has decided to resume the strike.”