Mazi Nnamdi Kanu [MNK] is working for candidate Atiku Abubakar, not Buhari. Reasons?
Many a social commentators have continued to allege that last Sunday’s audio broadcast by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), proves that he is working for the re-election of Failed President Muhammadu Buhari.
That perception is nothing but lies from the pit of hell.
Emperical Analysis proves that MNK is actually working for the election of Candidate Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Anyone who BELIEVES phantom allegations that Kanu’s home coming from the United Kingdom, his eventual arrest in Lagos by Nigeria’s secret police in October 2015, eventual Incarceration and the murder of over 20 IPOB youth members on September 14, 2017, when Buhari launched military exercise – Operation Python Dance in the South East, was pre-arranged between Kanu and the DSS, I say, such a person needs HELP with his/her thinking capacity!
- So, such a Nollywood script could be played for over 3 years? To whose gain?
- Such a script that angered Buhari and forced him to say on a national broadcast that IPOB had crossed the National Red Line?
- A script that made Buhari more unpopular in the South East? To whose gain?
- A script that saw Nnamdi Kanu, Benjamin Madubugwu, et al incarcerated for over 3 years in DSS gulag? Who jokes with Freedom and other paraphernalia of life? This sweet life?
- A script that saw Nnamdi Kanu look so pale, sick and haggard like the feeds for pigs?
So, you believe with all the pains the Buhari administration made MNK and his followers go through, he would have the temerity to work for a Buhari re-election? This MNK still talking tough from yonder?
People can’t really think beyond their noses?
How Nnamdi Kanu is working for Atiku?
- It could be recalled that owing to MNK’s vituperative outbursts since 2015, Buhari’s supporters and even his handlers and allies alleged that MNK was working for the opposition PDP.
They asked, why didn’t MNK and his IPOB members go on their massive protests during the last administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan? Why now under the Buhari-led administration?
Then, the PDP supporters defended MNK with every arsenal in their kitty. Isn’t politics a very funny game?
- For the fact that MNK in his audio broadcast urged IPOB members across Nigeria, particularly domiciled in the South East not to participate in next year’s election until a date for REFERENDUM is given, takes us into certain leads:
- MNK just tested the waters for Atiku to see whether his (Kanu’s) words are still orders among the youth populace of the South East. Of course, the entire South East youths are divided. This shows the Republican nature of Ndigbo.
A preliminary content analysis on Facebook alone, shows that those who are ever ready to participate in the forthcoming elections outnumber those not willing and undecided. It shows the general contempt against the Buhari’s nepotic and tyrannical style of leadership among the South East youth populace.
- Many a Northern youths who hitherto have soft spot for Candidate Atiku because of his political antecedents, and are angry over the seemingly extreme poverty hitting the North, have their full support now for Atiku.
Reason: They feel Nnamdi Kanu wants a poor voters turnout in the South East, and thus is working for Buhari, a man who has brought them sorrows, hunger and gnashing of teeth. #BuhariMustGo is now their new sing song. When the campaigns kick-off by November, these thinking would be revealed.
- That audio broadcast by MNK no doubt, saw him losing some Igbo youths who hitherto had soft spots for him. Some have even stated: “Loving Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is Important, but kicking Buhari out of Aso Rock in 2019, is more Importanter.’ Whatever that means!
- By that MNK’s audio broadcast, the general contempt among many a Nigerian youths across various ethnic nationalities, against a Buhari third term on Nigeria’s seat of power after his first stint as military head of state (December 31, 1983- August 27, 1985); (May 29, 2015- May 29, 2019) and (May 29, 2019?), grew STEEPLY.
Little wonder some emotional ones have rained thunder and brimstone against MNK. But they failed to look at this angle of the argument.
In all, Atiku, not Buhari is the greatest beneficiary of that MNK’s audio broadcast. It affords Candidate Atiku Abubakar the opportunity to swell his support base, particularly across the old Eastern region through high powered political strategies.
With Atiku’s over 27 years experience as a mercurian Politician and Bridge Builder, I have no iota of doubt that he would build on MNK’s directive to LOCKDOWN the old Eastern region to his kitty.
There are many sides to a coin!
Ikenna Asomba is a Journalist and Social Commentator.