These are my replies in brackets after each lie churned out by Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano, herein after referred to as Agu Awka.
[Picture: Willie Obiano flanked by Anambra State Commissioner for Youth & Sports, Ogbuefi Hon Tony Nnacheta and Director of MDG]
Our attention has been drawn to the somewhat comic and disappointing search for relevance by Mr. Ken Emeakayi, a member of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, with his Open Letter released to select journalists at a Press Briefing in Awka on August 17, 2015. In describing Mr. Emeakayi as a member of Anambra state PDP, we are of course only being charitable as it is not even clear if Emeakayi has not been expelled from the party by one or more of the numerous factions of the party currently at each other’s throats.
My Reply: What has this got to do with the issues Emeakayi raised?
Emeakayi and his sponsors ought to have known by now that Governor Willie Obiano is too busy to be distracted with the fecal vituperations of attention-seekers who want to beef up their falling profiles by attacking people in leadership positions.
My Reply: We know that Willie is busy drinking kai-kai and womanising
Quite naturally, our initial reaction to Emeakayi was not to dignify him with a response. However, for the benefit of some members of the society who might need a little illumination to understand the emptiness of Emeakayi’s public showmanship, we wish to respond as follows –
My Reply: Emeakayi is the one dignifying the empty, ostentatious, immature man at Agu Awka
Local Government System and Administration
Emeakayi must have been seeking comfort in vacuous self-indulgence when he posited that Local Government System in Anambra State had become redundant in Anambra State under the Obiano administration. Pray, does this disillusioned member of a dysfunctional party live in the moon?
My Reply: Obiano gives each Local Govt in Anambra State between 1.3 to 1.5 Million every month for capital projects. Call your Local Govt. Chairman on phone and he will confirm that.
All the roads, hospitals, schools and water projects going on in Anambra State bear testimony to an all-inclusive development agenda of the APGA government under Chief Willie Obiano.
My Reply: At least name 3 of those roads and other projects and stop hiding under generalisation. Obiano is doing absolutely nothing. He has abandoned all the projects Obi started
We would have Emeakayi and his fellow hate-mongers know that the characters who are drumming for him behind the scene would not even let the Third Tier of government exist in Anambra State in eight long years of their regime. And by the way, the jury is still out on what became of all the local government allocations to the state during that period.
My Reply: See the nwa pussycat from Enugu always sent by the drunkard in Awka to insult Obi. When 75 Billion Naira issue was raised, they said they would reply, but not yet. He is again making empty threats
On the question of inherited projects from the previous administration, it is obvious that Emeakayi enjoys playing to the gallery. That is possibly the only explanation of his futile effort to sell a lie to Ndi Anambra. It is on record that Governor Willie Obiano rose to power on the promise of continuity. All over Anambra, it is evident that Obiano has kept his promise by continuing all the projects he inherited from his predecessor. For instance, when Obiano commissioned the Nkpor-Amawbia Road he inherited from his predecessor and completed in record time, it attracted criticisms from detractors like Emeakayi who were surprised that the hard working governor of Anambra State had kept his promise. Isn’t it shameful that the same machinery that went on the attack mode over the completion and commissioning of the Nkpor-Amawbia Road project has suddenly turned around to allege that Obiano has abandoned inherited projects? Isn’t this thoughtless type of opposition politics embarrassing to the National Secretariat of the PDP which has so far adopted a dignified, substance-driven approach to engaging the government in power at the center?
My Reply: With a Governor that is a liar, it is not surprising that all his staff are after his character. How long does Agu Awka think governance is 419? I hope they know the feeling of the people. Even drivers were mad that Obiano commissioned Nkpor-Amawbia road and claimed to have done part of the job, when they knew Obi completed the project and Obiano did not add one kobo to it.
Obiano has abandoned all the projects Obi started and the ones he started too. What he does is re-commissioned old projects, remove the plague and put his name. Rather than complete Onitsha Hotel, he undersold it to his front, Cardinal Developers.
See the roads Obi and himself started, which he has all abandoned
1. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando- Afor-Igbariam (Additional Road Spur to Nkwo Nando Square)
2. Construction of Abba – Ifitedunu Road, Njikoka/Dunukofia LGA
3. Construction of Udeaja Junction- Affia Nkwo Market – Urezi Road, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo LGA
4. Reconstruction of Omor – Umumbo Road Ayamelum Local Government Area
5. Construction of Access Road to Civil Servants Housing Estate,Isiagu
6. Construction of Ozzu Umunachi Road
7. Construction of Ugwunwasike – Azu Ogbunike – Amawa – Osile – Ifite – Umueri – St Monica – College Road
8. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road Phase 1
9. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu – Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road and bridge
10. Reonstruction of Access Road to AUSCO farms Ltd Agu – Awka
11. Construction of Nteje- Umunya Road
12. Reconstruction of Enugu/ Anambra State Boundary- Agu Awka Road
13. Reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea Federal Road
14. Construction of Jetty/ Roads within the Naval Base and Roads between Atani Roads.
15. Reconstruction of Anambra State Integrated Livestock Farm Nkwelle Ezunaka
16. Construction of Achina Oneh Agbudu Ogboji
17. Reconstruction of Goodwill Road Okpuno Awka
18. Reconstruction of Aguluzigbo Roads
19. Construction of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Neni- Adazi Ani Road
20. Bishop Okonkwo Road (Ichi) to Nkwo Edo Market and Emeka Okwuosa/Emeka Offor Road to St Michael Secondary School Ozubulu/ NAUTH Road Junction
21. Construction of Ideani-Uke- Umuoji Road and Bridge
22. Construction of Access Roads at the Greenwood City, Awka
23. Reconstruction of Bida Road and Okwei Street Onitsha
24. Reconstruction of Umudioka to Ogbunike Cave Road with Spur to Girls Secondary School Umudioka (St. Kizito Girls Secondary)
25. Reconstruction of Ekwulobia Ezinifite Road
26. Reconstruction of Isuofia – Umuona – Nanka Road with Spur.
27. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando – Afor Igbariam Road.
28. Construction of ABS Awka Road to Governors Lodge,Ring Road,Road Widening /Parking Lot
29. Atani – Ozubulu Roads Part 1 Km 0+000 -5+560
30. Nkwo Market Square – Umuoji Micro Finance Bank Ekeagu Abatete Road
31. Amansea – Ndiukwuenu (Phase 1 & 2)
32. Construction of Okpuno – Urum – Amanuke – Achalla Road with spur to Paul University Science School
33. Construction of Ogboefere via Obodoukwu Junction by Onitsha Asaba Express Road with spur to C.Uba Close Niger Bridge Head Industrial Layout Ogbaru
34. Construction of G.O. Ibekwe Road, off Kenneth Dike Library Okpuno
35. Construction of Onwurah – Ogechukwu Road Awka
36. Reconstruction of Onitsha – Atani-Osammala-Ogwuikpele road
37. Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Ugbene-Awba Ofemili Road
38. Extension of Ekwulobia – Nkpologwu – Akpo – Achina -Umuchu Road
What of other projects such as:
1. Agulu lake Hotel
2. Onitsha Hotel and Convention centre (Sold and bought by CARDINAL DEVELOPERS –The Owners should remove Mask)
3. Onitsha Shopping mall
4. Nnewi Shopping Mall
5. Awka Shopping mall .
It is on record that most of the contractors handling these roads received last payment under Obi.
In plain language, Anambra is broke and can only pay salaries now. Contractors now owned over 80 Billion naira.”.
Construction of Aguleri Uno- Aguleri Otu- Enugu Otu- Oil Rig Road Junction Anambra State and Bridge No 2
2. Construction of Spur- Iyiora Anam Anambra West LGA Anambra State and Bridge No 1.
3. Construction of 3 No Fly Over Awka
4. Construction of Nchekwube Onochie Street – Ezu River, Road Aguleri
5. Reconstruction of Nando Junction- Onitsha- Aguleri – Adani Highway
6. Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Ukpor Road
7. Construction of St Thomas Church Egbu Orizu Junction -Egbu Umuenem Otolo Nnewi – Awka Etiti Road
8. Rehabilitation of the Surrounding Roads at Rojenny Stadium Oba, by direct labour.
9. Construction of Nnewi Urban Roads: Coscharis Road, Onuzulike Okonkwo, and Francis Maduka Road
10 Construction of Nnokwa – Ichida Road
11. Construction of PHCN Roads
12. Reconstruction of Additional Roads in Okpuno, Awka: Road Linling Abakaliki Street-Ngozika Housing Estate, Awka.
13. Construction of Six (6) Street and Ama Igwe with its Flood Control Works in Aguleri, Anamabra State
14. Construction of Roads in Emu Aguleri, Anambra State
15. Construction of Section2: Mmiata-Nzam Road
16. Construction of Udi and Ukpor Street 17 Construction of Ajasa
18. Construction of Allen Street
19. Construction of Umunya Airport Road
20. Construction of Nteje Air[port Road
21. Construction of Aguleri-Otuocha-Umueri Airport Road
22. Upgrading/Strengthening of Awka-Nibo-Nise-Enugwu Ukwu Ring Road
23. Construction of Oye Utuh-Akwuata-Court Road Nnewi South LGA
24. Construction of Access Road to COCHEDS AGRO-INDUSTRIES LTD, Anaku,Ayamelum LGA
25. Construction of Awkuzu/SARS Junction- Abube Square,Nando
26. Construction of Ogbuaka-Mgbuka-Amazu/Owerri Road,Onitsha Single Carriageway
27. Construction of Afor-Umunya-Ogbunike Road with Spur to Community Sec. School Umunya
28. Construction of Uzoakwa-Ubahuekwem-Oseakwa Road with Spur to Oluoha Okechukwu Road with a 3kn Stone Base.
29. Construction of Ezira – Umuomaku- Enugwu-Umuonyia-Achina Road with 1 No 20m Span Bridge
30. Construction of Oba (RE Onitsha-Owerri Road/ International Market- Umuoji Road with I Nio Bridge
APGA Secretariat Building
Chief Emeakayi was obviously scratching for substance when he alleged that Governor Obiano was funding the construction of the secretariat Building of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) from the coffers of the Anambra State government. One would have expected him to show greater knowledge of the way political parties raise funds for projects on account of his presumably long experience in politics but it is apparent that Emeakayi has serious gaps to fill in his learning. Nevertheless, it might be useful to remind him that parties all over the world are funded with donations and APGA is no exception.
My Reply: (When he collects 1 Billion naira security votes every month, what is APGA Secretariat. The same Obiano bought a property using Chisco as a front in Ikoyi recently for 1.5 Billion Naira)
As for the wild claim that the APGA National Chairman and Secretary are paid allowances by the government of Anambra State, it would be inappropriate to respond to a mere hearsay. We would advise Emeakayi to reserve such banters for the beer parlour where they belong.
My Reply: SSA may be you do not know. It is correct. Part of the deal with Chief Victor Umeh is that Obiano should continue paying him every month)
Plan to Appoint Care-taker/Transition Committee
Once again, Emeakayi seems to be dancing in the shadows with this funny sooth-saying. It would be unwise to join issues with him on his purely speculative reverie. Obiano is too busy to waste time anticipating people who have nothing more serious to do than to second-guess him.
My Reply let us wait and see)
On Emeakayi’s other Prayers
It may be necessary to remind Emeakayi that barely one year in office, the Obiano administration emerged tops on the International Public Accounting System (IPSAS) survey of Nigeria’s most transparent and accountable state, achieving over eighty per cent fiscal merit, the highest rating in the South-East zone. An Auditor of international repute and banker per excellence, Governor Willie Obiano’s watchword remains the judicious use of resources.
My Reply : (The accounting matter was long concluded under Peter Obi. Call the former Accounatnt General for details)
Need we remind Emeakayi that at a time many states owe arrears of salaries and pensions, Anambra has continued to meet its obligations to the workforce and the society at large? Is it not petty and laughable that rather than applaud Obiano for adroit management of the lean resources of the state in a season of scarcity, Emeakayi has chosen to ridicule the honourable role of the opposition in a healthy democracy by choosing to cry wolf where there is none?
My Reply: We know he takes overdraft to pay salaries even with 75 Billion Obi left for him when other States met debts)
Finally, it is obvious that Emeakayi is either trying to humour himself, or seeking undeserved attention or both in his ill-advised and poorly conceived Open Letter to governor Obiano. However, if his intention was to distract Governor Obiano, his handlers should advise him not to waste his time because the hardworking governor of Anambra State is too focused on his transformational mandate to be distracted.
My Reply: (Thank God Emeakayi is capable of defending himself)
© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews