Obiano Presents Commissioner-Nominees To Assembly
Barely 24 hours after swearing his principal officers, Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano has presented the list of Commissioner-nominees to the State House of Assembly, for confirmation.
The House which sat yesterday, Tuesday acknowledged the list and referred it to the Committee for further screening.
Acknowledging the list of nominees which she read at the plenary, the Speaker, Rt. Hon. Rita Maduagwu, promised that the House would treat it with dispatch.
The Speaker referred the list of Commissioner-nominees to the House Screening Committee headed by Deputy Speaker, Hartford Oseke for scrutiny within two days in line with the promise to accelerate its confirmation.
Responding, the Screening Committee Chairman, Hon. Hartford Oseke assured that the list would be ready for passage on Thursday’s sitting.
The list contains such names:
- Emeka Ezenwanne (Aguata),
- Maxwell Ifejiofor (Anambra East),
- Bonaventure Onyemali (Anambra West),
- a former Youth Development and Sports Commissioner, Dr. Uju Nwogu (Anaocha),
- Christian Madubuko (Ayamelum),
- former Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Ifeatu Onejeme (Awka South);
- Obi Nwankwo (Awka South) and,
- a former Commissioner of Budgeting, Economic Planning and Development Partners, Mark Okoye (Dunukofia).
- former Senior Special Assistant to the wife of the governor, Mrs Ndidi Mezue (Dunukofia),
- Professor Kate Omenugha (Idemili South),
- Greg Fidel Adunuba (Ihiala),
- Obiekezie Theresa Nkechi (Njikoka),
- Afam Mbanaefo (Nnewi North),
- Nnamdi Onukwube (Onitsha North),
- Sally Mbanaefo, (Onitsha South),
- Joe Akabuike, (Orumba North),
- Michael Okonkwo, (Orumba South), and,
- Uche Okafor, (Oyi).
Meanwhile, the names of immediate past Commissioner of Information and Communication Strategy, Ogbuefi Tony Nnacheta, Mrs ilobi, and former Speaker, Chinwe Nwaebili, were missing in the list.
By Osiberoha Osibe
DISCLAIMER: Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of Elombah News