The apex Igbo cultural organization, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, has commended the Federal Government for suspending the idea of the establishment of RUGA settlements in the country.
In a statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President General, Chief Emeka Attamah, the organization stated that:
1. it is heartwarming to observe that for the first time the current leadership at the Federal level has deferred to people’s opinion on public issues
2. issues surrounding the suspended RUGA scheme indicate the importance of consulting the people before taking certain decisions that will affect them
3. Ohanaeze Ndigbo is as worried about the restoration of peace between farmers and herders in the country as the Federal Government and believes that the ultimate solution to it is to embrace ranching
4. the Federal Government should take immediate measures to disarm the Ak-47 trotting herders throughout the country
5. government should carry out an audit of foreigners in the country and ascertain those with genuine entry papers, deport those illegally in the country as well as ensure that the nation’s borders are properly controlled and manned to avert further massive infiltration
6 as a process towards healing the present wounds and uniting the country, adequate compensation should be paid to relations of victims of the unwarranted killings in the country in recent times.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews