Ohanaeze Youths Pass Votes Of No Confidences On Nnia Nwodo
Accuse him of infidelity to Igbo nation, summons him to appear within 7 days
It is with great sense of dismay and clear picture of the present Igbo nosing diving polity and debased Ohanaeze politics that we the fledging members of the Ohanaeze Youth Wing [OYW] summoned an emergency security meeting and met today, April 2nd, 2018 being Easter Monday, because it has dawned on us and every other conscious Igbo that the President General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo has not only lost leadership mantle but veered out of the way and is hell bent to through Ohanaeze Ndigbo leading Ndigbo to a political cul de sac.
We averred that it is high time Ndigbo rise up before Nwodo commits political suicide that would burn our hands and identity and it will only need articulate youths and wise elders and technocrats to rescue Ohanaeze Ndigbo from Nwodo’s clique and thereby, save Igbo Nation from plausible political suicide.
Imagine, out of 24 Man Executives of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Nwodo uses an illegal Organ Of Forum Of States’ Presidents against the Constitution Of Ohanaeze to subdue, intimidate and humiliate other Ohanaeze Ndigbo Executives Members ; and thereby, forming a Cabal, and constituting a meance against the democratically elected Members of Ohanaeze Youths And Women.
In view of the foregoing, we the Ohanaeze Youth Wing, OYW presently at the receiving ends of Nwodo’s political forays and not in a haste to adopt or support any Presidential candidate to avoid a repeat of the Igbo’s 2015 fate choice; that he pressures for.
Still, as Igbo youths would like to have answers to, including and political solutions to the gross inequalities in Nigerian nationality, we believe in popular governance as the name Ohanaeze Ndigbo elicits and would like the Igbo leaders of thoughts and Southeast Governors to in league with Ohanaeze Ndigbo show the way.
We, hereby, pass votes of no confidences on Chief Nnia Nwodo and his Ohanaeze Ndigbo presidency and we give him 7 days to appear before the Ohanaeze Disciplinary committee to explain and answer for his political infidelity against Igbo and collective humanity:
Issues before Nwodo to answer are:
1. Why he, against the Ohanaeze Ndigbo’s tradition and Constitution, abused his Office by paying loyalty to Alh Atiku Abubakar immediately after his election on 10th January, 2017, and after he was queried by his NEC, he told them that his 1st official visit to Atiku, a Northern, was to discuss the ill health of President Buhari, who he believed is in bad condition, then?
2. He has rendered the office of the secretary General Impotent? Which according to Ohanaeze Constitution is the engine room of the organization and custodian of Ohanaeze Secretariat, he carefully appointed Director of Administration without Ime Obi approval thus assuming the powers of Secretary General through his political appointee Director of Administration?
3. He has closed down the Publicity Dept of Ohanaeze, by not giving the Publicity Dept the liberty which his friend the spokesman of Afenifere enjoys; rather he is now the President General and Publicity Secretary using his media aide against the official spokesmen of Ohanaeze Ndigbo?
4. Lack Of Accountability: He has failed to audit the accounts of Ohanaeze within the last 12months, according to Ohanaeze Ndigbo constitution, of periodic audit and accountability, monies donated by governors are swept under the brushel, and he is using the assistant treasurer to do must of dirty dealing with Ohanaeze name.
5. Ohanaeze Ndigbo is a social cultural organization but he has converted into a political organization; he has already have a presidential candidate from the Northeast and trying to impose it on Ndigbo through his deceitful message on restructuring, and subsequently bring his brother as the running mate or a particular Enugu man-friend ahead of qualified Igbo men and women as we now know that it’s clearly clear that this presidential aspirant funds most of the restructuring events, even the handshake across Nigeria, which the governor of Ebonyi and Chair Southeast governors declined to attend because they were not part of the planning stage.
6. With the manner of and ignoble height disgrace at handshake Across Niger, in the history of Ohanaeze Ndigbo till date, no President
General have been humiliated like him, the obvious outrage by our women going naked in an event that had chieftains of Afenifere, Middle belt, PANDEF and others, it is a clear testimony that he has soiled premium position of President General of Ohanaeze and must step aside until the gods are appeased, for the glory have departed from Nnia Nwodo, and we cannot continue to condone his high handedness and lack of consultation even among South East traditional rulers, he prefers dealing with Northern monarchs than our own.
7. Finally his controversial statements on Biafra openly in Lagos, especially which made eminent Igbo leaders including our departed hero Col Ajuzie to flame up, and called him “niggar nwodo”; and replied him “we remained Biafrans in Nigeria”, his conspiracy to re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu and Uchenna Madu is obvious, and threatened readiness to destroy any opposition that will not make him imposed a Northeast Presidential aspirant on Ndigbo.
8. The loss of confidence from Igbo youths especially the Biafra agitators who have been threatened to burn down South East if Nwodo host any public function on restructuring, is the height of Elder’s rascality and to avert any public disturbances in any town by the threat of Biafra agitators, and consequently declaring state of Emergency in any state in South East, because of Public loss of confidence on Nwodo.
Conclusion: At this point in time, we the teeming Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youths passes vote of no confidence on Nnia Nwodo and call Ndigbo and Nigerians to ignore him that Nwodo do not speak for Ndigbo again until he clears himself of these constitutional breaches he committed.
We, also call on the federal government and state governors to be wary of Nwodo, that he will not even protect the Enugu state’s interests nor any others’ except money is involved, verily at the expense commonwealth, Ndigbo should never fall again for his sugar coated tongue.
Chief Nnia Nwodo has seven days from April 2nd to defend himself, or faces the consequences of the crime committed, the Chairman of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Disciplinary Committee is led by Crowned Prince Christian Dimkpa, and other 6members, their tasks is with immediate effect.
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth wing
Mazi Okwu Nnabuike
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth wing