Elombah
Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Olisa Metuh: We’ll Serve Subpoena On Jonathan Dec 11 — Bailiff


Federal High Court bailiff said that he would serve the subpoena on former President Jonathan on December 11 in the case involving Mr. Olisa Metuh.

The Federal High Court, Abuja, bailiff has said, on Monday, that he would serve the subpoena on former President Goodluck Jonathan on December 11, 2017.

He was summoned in the case involving the former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP], Mr. Olisa Metuh.

The bailiff said this in an affidavit he filed informing the court that several attempts to serve former President Jonathan in his Abuja home has so far failed.

The bailiff’s affidavit was read by a court registrar during the proceedings on Monday.

He stated that at the last attempt to serve Jonathan, a guard said he travelled abroad and would only be available on December 11.

The bailiff, according to the registrar, was asked to return to the residence in the afternoon of December 11 to serve the former President.

During the proceedings, the lawyer to Mr Metuh, Barr. Emeka Etiaba (SAN), said he, the lead defence counsel, Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), and Metuh himself, had received threats to their lives following the request to summon Jonathan.

He said, nonetheless, that they insist Jonathan testify in the case.

He stated: “This subpoena is one that has generated quite a lot of controversy, not just to our client but to myself.

“The threat goes to the life of the first defendant, myself and Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu.

“This will not make us change our mind as to whether His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, will come and testify or not. 

“But we shall only plead with this honourable court to allow the make another attempt on December 11, 2017 at serving him with the subpoena.”

The Court had subpoenaed the former President, summoning him to testify as a defence witness in the trial of Olisa Metuh.

Metuh is being tried for fraudulent activities and illicit enrichment in the case of $2.1 billion dollars arms deal scandal involving former National Security Adviser [NSA], Col. Sambo Dasuki [retd.]

The court had also summoned Dasuki to appear as witness but he [Dasuki] at the last appearance had pleaded memory loss.

The court, however, ordered Dasuki to enter witness box.

It also rejected Jonathan’s application to be excused from appearance, unless Metuh is willing to pay N1 billion to cover his logistics.

— 

Would you like to be receiving ALL Elombah.com news links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram?  If yes, please provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are ready to go!

© Copyright 2017 www.elombah.com; unless otherwise indicated, all images are courtesy of Twitter; send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @Elombah; like our Facebook page: Elombah.com; join us on WhatsApp HERE

For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526

Comments are closed.