Governor Wike is a strong and influential leader within PDP at the State and National level.
While speaking Channels TV this morning, he made the following remarks in his capacity as a PDP governor and the National Convention Planning Committee’s Chairman:
1. Nigerians still love the PDP. Nothing wrong with having competing interests in the Party. We are in a democracy.
2. Alhaji Modu Sheriff was not imposed. His emergence was not a rubber stamp. It was not a military decision.
The Party endorsed his emergence at various levels. But it is not unusual to have people disagree with the decision.
3. The National Executive Committee of the Party accepted the recommendations of the Zoning committee headed by Gov. Udom although some interested persons disagreed with it and it is not unusual.
The complains generated by the re-engineering process of the PDP across the States are being attended to.
4. The action brought against the Party in a Lagos High Court was by impostors and investigations are still on to ascertain their membership of the Party.
PDP will get stronger in spite of efforts to break it up.
5. The re-engineering process of the PDP is to unite and position it to be a viable opposition.
6. The re-engineering process of the PDP will accommodate all interest groups in the Party.
With what is going on across the State Chapters, interest groups have a remarkable opportunity to key in and build the Party into a formidable opposition Party that will reclaim power in 2019.
7. As Chairman of the Convention Planning Committee, no one has served me any court order stopping the Convention.
I’m also aware no one has served the Party Chairman.
8. The reconciliation committee is charged with the duty of reconciling aggrieved members both within the Party and those who left and are desirous of returning.
The new PDP doesn’t support impunity. This is the new thinking in the Party.
9. If the former President and BOT Chair who left active politics for statesmanship is desirous of returning, the Party will consider his interest and possibly woo him.
10. The essence of holding Party meetings in different States is to identify with, unite and mobilise our members across the country.
We will work to win Edo State.
11. The present INEC is inconsistent and lacks the confidence of Nigerians.
INEC which nullified some elections in Rivers State has now set up a committee to review its decision and keeps setting up avoidable crises.
12. Politics is give and take. As a Party we have made internal concessions in fairness to all through a transparent process.
Part of the issues was poor communication to the Members of the Party about the real intentions of the Party leadership.
13. The rebuilding process of the Party is to take it away from money bags and throw it back to the people who will have a sense of o ownership of the Party.
As at today, there’s no single person who will say he is the sole financier of the PDP.
14. PDP is youth-focused and youth-oriented. The present youth leader is a young man from Niger State.
We have corrected the errors of the past.
15. The present PDP Governors are committed to stamping out imposition within the Party as a critical part of the re-engineering process of the PDP.
16. There were efforts to amend the Party Constitution at the forthcoming Convention.
But they have been suspended based on general consensus.
© Copyright 2015 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”