The Nigerian Police Force has paraded several suspects in connection with the killings in Zaki Biam community, Benue state which led to the deaths of dozens of people and destructions of properties worth millions of Naira.
See the Police Statement below:
1. As a result of the killings of innocent persons by unknown gun men at Zaki Biam in Benue State on 20th March 2017 and destruction of properties worth Millions of Naira, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, swiftly deployed Police Special Tactical Force and an high powered investigation team to unravel the circumstances surrounding the gruesome killings and bring the perpetrators to justice.
2. The preliminary investigation and the operations embarked upon by the joint Police team revealed that one Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana, a gang leader of a vicious and notorious serial killer syndicate was responsible for the senseless killings of seventeen (17) innocent persons at Zaki Biam and for killing in cold blood of about fifty (50) people in other locations in Benue State. He is also responsible for so many kidnappings, armed robberies and cultists violence leading to loss of lives and properties in other parts of Benue State. Further investigation revealed that he is also responsible for killing of Mr. Deneen Igbana (late) the Special Adviser on Security to the Executive Governor of Benue State, Chief Samuel Ortom.
3. Consequently, the Inspector General of Police ordered the Special Police teams already on ground in Benue State to immediately embark on manhunt for Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana and his gang members and bring them to justice.
This joint operations comprising the personnel of the Nigeria Police Force, the Nigerian Military and the Department of State Service for the arrest of Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana and his vicious criminal gang is currently ongoing in Benue State.
In the dogged pursuit of the operations the Nineteen (19) suspects listed below were arrested for conspiracy and other various criminal roles they played in the killings of innocent persons and other violent crimes carried out by Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana in Benue State. They are currently in Police custody. During interrogation they admitted to be cohorts of the wanted suspect “Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana” and have facilitated the commission of some of the offences linked to him at different times in Benue and other neighbouring States. They will be charged to court on completion of investigation accordingly.
1. Tordue Kaaor ‘M’
2. kenter Orbunde ‘M’
3. Vincent Asemave ‘M’
4. David Terhembe ‘M’
5. Dalhatu Abdullahi ‘M’
6. Iortember Orkuma ‘M’
7. Manasseh Ikyar ‘M’
8. Nengene Ikyar ‘M’
9. Joshua Ioraonya ‘M’
10. Joseph John ‘M’
11. akowakwahve ‘M’
12. Terwase Sabastine ‘M’
13. Sunday Utza ‘M’
14. Umsughaondo Gbaga ‘M’
15. Swem Utiu ‘M’
16. Terwase John ‘M’
17. Mbadon Mbati ‘F’
18. Tame Buumbu ‘F’
19. Godwin Iorhundu ‘M’
2 RECOVERY OF CACHE OF WEAPONS, WHICH INCLUDES LMG, SMG, HAND-GRENADES EXPLOSIVES AND ASSORTED ARMS AND AMMUNITION.
The below listed weapons and exhibits were discovered and recovered in a secret underground armory of Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana by the joint team of Police personnel, the Military and the DSS during joint assault on Ghana’s hideout in the Forest in a location in Benue State. The principal suspect (Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana) and his gang abandoned their hideout and narrowly escaped further into the forest as a result of the superior firepower of the joint operation teams.
i. Three (3) AK 47 Rifles
ii. Three (3) FN Rifles
iii. One (1) G3 Rifle
iv. One (1) LMG
v. One (1) SMG
vi. One (1) Double-Barrel Gun
vii. One (1) Mark 4 Rifle
viii. Four (4) Single-Barrel Guns
ix. Four (4) Locally-Made Revolver Pistols
x. Five (5) Locally-Made Revolver Pistols
xi. Thirty (36) Hand-Grenades
xii. Two (2) Short Gun Local
– One hundred and forty one (141) Ak47 Magazines
– Twenty (20) FN Magazines
– Eighteen (18) 6x G3 Magazines
– Three (3) Mark 4 Magazines
– One (1) Spear
– Five hundred and thirty six ( 536) rounds of 7.62 mm NATO
– Four hundred and sixty- six (466) rounds of 7.62 mm
– Four hundred and sixty four (464) rounds of Special
– Twenty nine (29) rounds of 9mm Ball
– One hundred and nineteen (119) rounds of 5.56mm 118
– One (1) round of 12.7 mm
– Five hundred and thirty three (533) cartridges for Double-Barrel Guns
– Twelve (12) Canisters Teargas
– Fifty (50) rounds of Air-rifle ammunition
– Two (2) bottles of perfume
– One (1) Knife
– One (1) Plier
– One (1) SMG Magazine
– Six (6) Beretta Magazine
The Nigeria Police Force hereby declared Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana wanted as follows:
WANTED PERSON: TERWASE AKWAZA AKA GHANA
The above named person is hereby declared wanted by the Nigeria Police Force. A warrant of arrest has been duly obtained from Court of competent jurisdiction for his arrest.
The said Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana is wanted for merciless killings of seventeen (17) innocent persons and wanton destruction of properties worth millions of naira by arson, at Zaki Biam on 20th March 2017 and for killings in cold blood of about fifty (50) people in other locations in Benue State.
He is culpable for other capital offences such as Kidnapping, Armed robbery, Culpable Homicide, Mischief by Fire and Criminal Conspiracy.
Further investigation revealed that he is also responsible for killing of Mr. Deneen Igbana (late) the Special Adviser on Security to the Executive Governor of Benue State, Chief Samuel Ortom.
He is dark in complexion, tall, stout in built and has no tribal mark on his face.
Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana is a dangerous suspect, and an indigene of Gbise in Katsina-Ala LGA of Benue State. He speaks Tiv, Idoma and Pidgin English Languages fluently.
If seen, please report to the nearest Police Station or call08033040358, 08035925554, 08036363531, 08033129778or SMS 08057000003.
A handsome reward awaits any person(s) with information that leads to his arrest. The Benue State Government has placed Ten Million naira (₦10,000,000) reward for anyone with useful information that can lead to his arrest.
CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER