Police Parade Kidnap/Robbery Gang Terrorising Kaduna/Abuja Axis
The Nigerian Police has paraded eight (8) vicious and notorious kidnap for ransom/armed robbery gang arrested along Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Highway for the recent kidnappings and armed robbery in the axis.
The parade was done by the Force Public Relations Officer, AG. DCP Jimoh Moshood at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, 1st August, 2018.
See the press release during the event attached:
The eight (8) suspects are responsible for the recent killings, kidnappings and armed robberies on Kaduna – Abuja-Kano Roads including the killing of a former Commissioner in Katsina State, Prof. Halimatu Sadia Idris on 22nd July, 2018 and armed robbery attack on Prof. Mohammed Khalid Othman, director, National Agricultural Research Extensions and Liaison Services, ABU, Zaria and the kidnap of a nursing mother with her seven (7) months old baby
Police Mobile Force (PMF) Units of the PMF Squadrons in MOPOL 1 Kaduna, MOPOL 47 Zaria and MOPOL 61 Kafanchan on special duties outside the state have been ordered by the IGP to return back to Kaduna State to beef-up security in the state
- Lawal Tukur a.k.a Sawaita 40yrs – The Leader of the Gang
- Sulaiman Sani a.k.a Maude 27yrs – Principal Suspects (confessed to have killed four (4) people )
iii. Abubakar Ahmad a.k.a Buzu 30yrs native of Sabon Fegi town
- Abubakar Adamu a.k.a Gurgu 33yrs native of Tashan Zomo town – Confessed to have Killed Four (4) People
- Yahaya Musa 33yrs – Principal Suspects
- Kabiru Bala 23yrs native of Shika Town – kidnaps women and children particularly the Kidnap of Rahinatu Shehu ‘F’ 51yrs, Aisha Sani ‘F’ 23yrs and her Seven (7) Months old Baby at their residence in Mararaba Guga town, Giwa LGA along Kaduna-Zaria road
vii. Rufai Tukur 26yrs Native of Tashan Zomo town who runs errands to the Notorious Gang
viii. Shehu Audi 32yrs of Tashan Zomo in Kaduna State – kidnaps women and children particularly the Kidnap of Rahinatu Shehu ‘F’ 51yrs, Aisha Sani ‘F’ 23yrs and her Seven (7) Months old Baby at their residence in Mararaba Guga town, Giwa LGA along Kaduna-Zaria road
- Two (2) AK47 Rifles
- Three (3) pairs of suspected fake military uniforms
- Shedda Cloth and other properties belonging to some of the victims
The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, concerned with the recent security situation on the Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Expressway and the killing of a former commissioner in Katsina State, Prof. Halimatu Sadia Idris on 22nd July, 2018, the armed robbery attack on Prof. Mohammed Khalid Othman, Director National Agricultural Research Extensions and Liaison Services, Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria, and the Kidnap of Rahinatu Shehu ‘F’ 51yrs, Aisha Sani ‘F’ 23yrs and her Seven (7) Months old Baby at their residence in Mararaba Guga town, Giwa LGA along Kaduna-Zaria road; directed a discreet investigation into the incidents and the arrest of perpetrators to bring them to justice.
- As part of measures to restore safety and normalcy on the Abuja-Kaduna, and Kaduna-Kano Highways, the IGP ordered additional deployments of Police personnel and vehicular patrol teams to re-gird Operation Absolute Sanity to rid the routes of these bandits and hoodlums.
- Secondly, all Police Mobile Force (PMF) Units of the PMF Squadrons in MOPOL 1 Kaduna, MOPOL 47 Zaria and MOPOL 61 Kafanchan on special duties outside the State have been ordered by the IGP to return back to Kaduna State to beef-up security in the State, particularly on Kaduna-Abuja highway, Kaduna-Zaria-Kano, Kaduna-BirninGwari-Zamfara-Funtua-Zamfara highway and other flash points in the State.
- The IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) working on reliable intelligence embarked on massive raid of identified kidnappers dens, hideouts and black spots on Kaduna-Abuja, Kaduna-Zaria-Kano highways. The IGP Intelligence Response Team (IRT) personnel engaged the bandits in a shootout that lasted several hours and at the end effect the arrest of the eight (8) suspects and recovered from them the listed exhibits. Six (6) of their victims were rescued from captivities.
- All the suspects confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crimes.
- Investigation is in progress and effort is being intensified to arrest other suspects still at large. They will all be arraigned in court on completion of investigation.
- Zamfara State: Normalcy has been restored with additional deployments of Police personnel after the attack on Kodi Village in Zurmi Local Government Area on 24th July, 2018 where Four (4) people were killed. The Force is already embarking on Police Crime Prevention, Visibility and Confidence Building Patrols. The people in the affected Villages have started returning to their homes.
Thirty Five (35) Bandits have been arrested in connection with the recent attacks in some villages in Zamfara State.
iii. Six (6) AK47 Rifles, Fifteen (15) Locally Fabricated Guns, One Hundred and Eighty Three (183) AK47 Ammunition, Seven (7) Live cartridges were recovered from the Bandits
- All the suspects have made useful statements to the Police investigators and confessed to the killings in the affected villages.