Remarks by H.E. Muhammadu Buhari, president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria during an audience with the Independent Petroleum Marketers Associations of Nigeria, 1st February 2019
1. It is with great pleasure that I welcome you the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN). Let me sincerely thank you for the significant support and contributions you have made during 2018 in ensuring Nigerians have adequate supply of petroleum products throughout the year.
2. I am particularly happy to note that you have used your large network of petrol retail stations across the nooks and crannies of this country to distribute petroleum products sustainably. I am told that your members, in many instances, went beyond the call of duty to support the NNPC and other government agencies in ensuring products are adequately available for our citizens especially during the festive seasons.
3. I am also very pleased to hear that your members are planning to invest in refinery and petrochemical facilities. This clearly shows that IPMAN, like the APC, also has plans to move to the NEXT LEVEL. I want to assure you that this Administration will fully support this investment which aligns with Nigeria’s Energy Security Agenda.
4. As I commend you on the successes you have recorded so far, I also want to ask that you continue to support the government in ensuring petroleum products meant for Nigeria are not illegally taken out of Nigeria.
5. We all know this illegal smuggling of products out of Nigeria is a threat to our national economy and security and must be stopped. I therefore want to urge all IPMAN members to remain committed to complying with the laws and regulations that govern the Nigerian oil and gas sector.
6. To the IPMAN leadership, I want to ask you to fully collaborate with Government by exposing those members who participate in these illegal activities.
7. I sincerely thank you once again for the support and confidence you have shown in this Administration. Rest assured that we will continue to do our best for Nigerians.
8. Thank you.