Our attention as Northern Christian Elders Forum (NoCEF) has been drawn to the above subject being an article written by by one Mohammed Haruna
which was published on the Daily Trust & The Nation Newspapers of Wednesday 26th, August 2015.
ABOVE PHOTO: Bishop Kukah, President Buhari and other members of the Peace Committee [QUOTE: President Muhammadu Buhari and the EFCC do not require the approval of Kukah or any single individual before carrying out the war against corruption. Therefore, we see no reason why Kukah’s clear and peaceful statements should be made subject of attacks and mischief making]
Ordinarily, Northern Christian Elders Forum wouldn’t have bothered itself on the issue, except for the reasons of the possible interpretations, misinterpretation and misleading tendencies it has on the general public. Besides, the subtle but mischievous attempt of the writer at assassinating the personality of the Most Reverend Father Mathew Hassan Kukah, a renowned spiritual father and mentor, an arrow head in championing the course of peace and religious tolerance in this great Nation was so glaring and undisputable.
Worst still is the polarization and discord that such article could have on the Nigerian society, particularly the North.
In his deliberate attempt to drag Kukah into disrepute for no justifiable cause, the writer provided himself a platform upon which he used as the basis to propel his hand-driven dynamites which were driven by his crafty intellect on the media towards attaining an unjust cause.
What were his grunts against Kukah? What did he make the basis for his arguments?
Those who read the article would discover that his arguments were merely hinged on nothing else but simply on media hearsay and his perceived and fanatical views held against the renown clergy. But his erroneous views are very far from reality.
In trying to give the report a religious undertone and colouration in order to weep sentiments, the writer tried to link Kukah and Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the CAN president to former President Goodluck Jonathan and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s regime. Deliberately, he left out the contributions of Kukah to the nation during the late Yar’adua’s government where he served during the Justice Uwais committee in 2010, among other numerous contributions he made to the wellbeing of this great Nation.
In view of this ugly development and our careful observations, we hereby state that:
1. The report was malicious and an unjustifiable attack, not only on Kukah, but on the northern Christians which he represents.
2. The National Peace Committee is led by former Head of State, General Abdusalami Abubakar with Most Rev. Father Mathew Hassan Kukah as Coordinator; His Eminence, Alh. Sa’ad Abubakar, the Sultan of Sokoto & Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, the President of CAN as its members, among others.
We shall therefore, not accept any situation where an individual will single out a Christian member of the committee, using Kukah as the prime target, to polarize this great nation Nigeria along religious lines.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari and the EFCC do not require the approval of Kukah or any single individual before carrying out the war against corruption. Therefore, we see no reason why Kukah’s clear and peaceful statements should be made subject of attacks and mischief making.
4. Our religious institutions and their leaders in this country are seen to be Sacred & highly revered. We therefore, condemn any act of degrading them for no just cause.
5. The respect Christianity gives to Islamic institutions should be reciprocated by its surrounding and neighbouring religion to enhance Peace , unity and Progress which are tenets in the Christian faith and very necessary for our collective existence.
6. Rev. Fr. Kukah’s engagement by government over the years to serve this great nation has not being that he was a politician, but as a result of God’s endowment on him which has made him a very great asset, not only to the Christian body, but to the whole nation. Such must not be misconstrued under this administration.
Nigerians shall also guard against any attempt by an individual or any group to black mail, alleniate or enstrange him from President Buhari’s administration.
7. We see the present government as the plan of God for our great nation Nigeria and shall also support it, and pray for the peace and progress of the nation.
8. We call on government to take measures that would unite and move the nation forward. All stake holders should also be involved towards working for the unity, peace & prosperity of our land.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Rev. Bala A. Ahmadu (JP), Chairman
Pst. Michael l. Maikarfi – Secretary.
© Copyright 2020 ElombahNews.
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews