Rochas Okorocha’s inlaw asks INEC to order a run-off election in Imo state
EMEKA IHEDIOHA DID NOT MEET THE CONSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT TO BE DECLARED GOVERNOR-ELECT
INEC SHOULD IMMEDIATELY SCHEDULE A RUN-OFF ELECTION
The Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Campaign Organization takes notice that the Independent National Electoral Commission has concluded collation of results from the 27 LGAs of the State. As much as there were clear cases of electoral malpractices which the People’s Democratic Party benefited from, we would have considered sending our congratulations to anyone who won the election in a free and fair contest, for the interest of peace and stability of the State, but, our team of analysts have studied the result of the election and found out that the PDP and its candidate did not meet the Constitutional requirement to be declared winner of this election. It is important to therefore inform our teeming supporters that;
1. Chief Emeka Ihedioha did not score up to 25% up 18 LGAs of the State as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which requires a governorship candidate to win 25% of votes in two thirds of his or her State, apart from winning the highest number of votes, before he or she can be returned, elected.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission shall, in obedience to the Nigerian Constitution, conduct a run-off between Chief Emeka Ihedioha and Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, within the next seven days, in order to determine the actual winner of the election.
3. We congratulate our teeming supporters and indeed all Imolites for their faith in us, which manifested in the massive support accorded to His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu during the cause of this election.
4. Even though, thousands of our votes were stolen by the People’s Democratic Party in active connivance with some officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission, we assure you that the upcoming run-off shall produce a better result as more efforts shall be dedicated to protecting our votes this time around.
5. We call on Independent National Electoral Commission to immediately set down a schedule for the conduct of a run-off election between His Excellency Ugwumba Uche Nwosu and Chief Emeka Ihedioha.
Onwuasoanya FCC Jones
Director, Media and Publicity
Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Campaign Organization.
11th March, 2019. (19:42)