Slain Catholic Priest/kidnapped RCCG pastors: killer herdsmen reward South for rejecting Ruga
By Okechukwu Isiguzoro
Slain Enugu Catholic Priest and kidnapped RCCG pastors… killer herdsmen rewards South over Ruga Settlements Rejection
(1) Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide had called on Federal government, especially the office of the Vice President, to raise up and ensure that Christians are protected all over the Country,as there is ongoing deliberate plans with evil intention to unleash terrorism on the Church leaders in the Southern Nigeria and Warn that if care is not taken and urgent step taken to halt this ugly trend, Youths might revolt along religious and ethnic lies, there’s need to beef up Security around the Churches Nation wide.
(2) We read with rude shock the tragic demise of the Catholic Parish Priest of St.James, the Greater Parish, Ugbawka, in Enugu State, Rev. Fr Paul Offu , who was shot dead by hoodlums suspected to be the Notorious and murderous Fulani Herdsmen along ihe-agbudu Road in Agwu Lga on Thursday, 1st August, 2019, this is a calculated but Provocative action with evil intent aimed to rubbish the proposed establishment of Forrest Guards and Community Neighbourhood Watch proposed by the South East Governors which aimed at curbing the incessant attacks on the highways and nefarious activities going for decades in our forests by suspected herdsmen who had converted our bushes as training grounds and Camps for their militias ready to provoke Ndigbo.
(3) With the rising tensions in the Southern Nigeria especially in the South East over the killing of Clergymen and Religious leaders of Igbo stock, as a matter of Urgency, it’s high time we flush out all the remnants of killer herdsmen hiding in all the forestry reserve areas across the 95 LGAs of South East to vacate immediately as this is a Clarion call for Igbo Youths, all Biafra agitators, and Community Neighbourhood Watch to Volunteer and do the needful across the bushes and forests.
In search of the Killer Herdsmen in the South East in bid to flush them out, these Volunteer Youths will serve as temporary Forestry Guardsmen until we pressurize the South East Governors to fund them, with a clear mandate to take decisive actions against any armed herdsmen found and should be handed over to Security Agents.
(5) We equally Call for the unconditional release of abducted Five Ministers of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, along the Ijebu Ode Axis on their way to attend the Church’s Ministers Conference in Lagos.
We insists that their fellow Pastor, or former Colleague, Prof Yemi Osibanjo, Vice President, should use his office to negotiate for the release of the kidnapped pastors.
(6) All Clergymen are targets of attack, and should be watchful as the suspected Fulani herdsmen are out to kill more in the attempt to instigate religious war in the South East, but South East governors should engaged Igbo Youths and Biafra agitators to tame the new form of insecurity brewing in the East, introduced by the Herdsmen as a reward for rejecting the suspended Ruga Settlements across the South East.
Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro
Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide