Summary of Ghana’s President Address on COVID-19 on April 5th, 2020
1. President thanked all Frontline workers especially Health Workers
2. H.E. thanked also security forces for enforcing the lockdown.
3. Steps are have being taken to investigate the excesses by the security forces.
4. Condemned false videos being circulated.
5. Government is working to achieve its main 5 objectives.
6. Confirmed cases of COVID-19 stands at 214.
7. The week ahead is critical. Over 5,000 contacts traced results will be released.
8. We should continue being patient as gov’t works to contain the spread of COVID-19.
9. Special thanks to all involved in testing for COVID-19.
10. More than GHS 8m realized from donations.
11. Govt is working with others faith based organization to provide food for about 400,000.
12. Govt to absorb water bills for the next 3-Months.
13. More PPEs, hand Sanitizers etc to be distributed to all district hospitals.
14. More local production of PPEs.
15. All health workers will not pay taxes on emoluments for the next 3 month.
16. 50% basic salary as allowance to all Frontline health workers.
17. Clean up in Greater Accra and Kumasi by the security forces.
18. Ayalolo buses to convey health workers for free