COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE MEETING OF THE IGBO CONSCIENCE (TIC) HELD ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2016
The Igbo Conscience (TIC) after its general meeting held in Ikeja, Lagos on Sunday, 30th October 2016, came up with the following communique;
1. That like Nigerians and the international community, we welcome as refreshing and reassuring the release of 21 Chibok schoolgirls held n captivity for over two years by the dreaded militant group, Boko Haram. It is our belief that the release rekindles hope that the remaining Chibok schoolgirls will soon grain freedom and join their kits and kins from whom they have been separated for a very long time.
2. That we salute and congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari on this great feat. TIC notes that the President is living true to his promise to have the Chibok girls released. It also elicits faith and confidence on the country’s leadership to bring to an end the harrowing abduction experience and secure Nigerians from such violent criminal groups as Boko Haram.
3. While we salute the determination and courage of the President to rid Nigeria of the vestiges of Boko Haram and its scary activities, we urge President Buhari not to relent on his determination to secure the release of the remaining Chibok schoolgirls so as to end what has become an embarrassing national and international nightmare.
3. TIC salutes the courage and bravery of Nigerian soldiers that have been in the forefront to rescue the entirety of the country from the clutches of Boko Haram. We note that from holding a sizeable percentage of the Nigerian landmass, from constituting real and potent threat to the lives and properties of Nigerians in every part of the country, Boko Haram has significantly been downgraded to a waning militia group that lives on carrying out occasional firefights in remote border communities in Borno State. We owe this significant onslaught to the commitment of Nigerian leadership and the bravery and courage of the Nigerian militarry. We urge the gallant Nigerian soldiers not to relent in ensuring that Nigeria is rid of such militant groups and their nefarious activities.
4. We congratulate President Buhari’s government for the tremendous milestone it has achieved in the task of securing the country. We believe that the security of lives and properties rank foremost in the priority list of any serious nation. We therefore believe that President Buhari’s achievements in security will lead Nigeria’s recover the process and jump-start the country’s real March to greatness.
Barr. Monday Ubani. Peter Claver Oparah
Interim Chairman. Interim Secretary
Dated: 31st October 2016
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews