– Welcome to a new day and to the last legislative sitting of this week in the Senate Chamber of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
– Arriving the Chamber now is the President of the Senate Bukola Saraki, DSP Ike Ekweremadu and other members of the Senate Leadership.
– Senate President Bukola Saraki takes the Official Opening Prayer as other Distinguish Senators chorus ‘Amen’.
– Senate Chief Whip, Senator Olusola Adeyeye calls on Distinguish Senators exchanging pleasantries to take their seats.
– Senator Kabiru Gaya moves for the approval of Votes and Proceedings of Wednesday 22nd June, 2016. Senator Nelson Effiong seconds.
– The Senate announces the presence of University Abuja students in the gallery to observe proceedings.
– Wishes them a peaceful observation.
– Senator Omo-Agege raises a petition from a member of his constituency Col. Aigbe over wrongful dismissal from Nigerian Army.
– It is laid.
– Senate President takes the Official Opening Prayer as other distinguished Senators chorus ‘Amen’.
– Senator Gilbert Nnaji raises a point of order on Nigeria Communications Commission [NCC] reduction of fines for telecommunication companies, under order 42:1 & 52.
– The Senate moves for Senator Gilbert Nnaji to present the motion on reduced fines by NCC on telecommunications companies.
– Senator Gilbert Nnaji now presenting the motion on reduced fines by NCC on telecommunications companies in Nigeria.
– The Senate resolves to invite NCC, CNB and other stakeholders to brief the Senate on why the reduction was made.
– Senator Garba Binta also raises a point of order coming under order 52 on International Widows day which is today 23rd June, 2016.
– The Senate moves for Senator Garba Binta to present the motion on International Widows Day, 2016.
– Senator Omo-Agege raises a petition from a member of his constituency Col. Aigbe over wrongful dismissal from…
– Senator Garba Binta now presenting the motion on International Widows Day, 2016 to the Senate.
– All resolutions made by the mover of the Motion on International Widows Day Senator Garba Binta were all adopted by the Senate.
– Senate President Bukola Saraki says the #8thSenate identifies with widows and will continue to do things to provide them with more support.
– The Senate Leader and the Clerk of the Senate now move on to the presentation of Ten (10) Bills for first reading.
– National Environmental Standards Regulatory Enforcement Agency Act 2007 (Amendment) Bill
– 2016 (SB 207) by Sen Gilbert Nnaji (Enugu East)
– Independent National Electoral Commission Act 2010 (Amendment) Bill, 2016 (SB. 297) by Senator Monsurat (Oyo Central).
– Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2007 (Amendment) Bill, 2016 (SB. 300) by Senator Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa West).
– Integrated Community Development Agency (Est., etc.) (SB. 305) by Senator Stella Oduah (Anambra North).
– Legal Framework for Public Private Partnership (Est., etc) (SB. 306) by Senator Mustapha Bukar (Katsina North).
– Universal Basic Education Act 2003 (Amendment) Bill 2016 (SB. 307) Senator Suleiman Adokwe (Nasarawa South).
– Correction, Reformation and Re-integration Centre (Est., etc) Bill, 2016 (SB. 308) by Senator Gershom Bassey (Cross River South).
– Maritime University of Nigeria Oron (SB. 309) by Senator Nelson Effiong (Akwa-Ibom South).
– Personal Information Protection Bill 2016 (SB. 310) by Senator Stella Oduah (Anambra North).
– Cattle Movement (Control) Bill, 2016 (SB. 311) by Senator Chukwuka Utazi (Enugu North).
– The Senate moved to the presentation of reports.
Continued on the next page… Click Next >>