“She’s been bruised, battered and blistered, especially in print and on social media. She’s been scandalised, summarily tried and precipitously convicted by the media,”, but who really is Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke?
The Diezani Alison-Madueke story as gleaned from the meeting between Newspaper publisher, Dele Momodu and the embattled former Minister of Petroleum Resources, revealed the tale of a woman in deep pain and anguish for variety of reasons. Of course there were insinuations that it was a public relations stunt but mercifully most readers showed sympathy for the cancer stricken woman.
Owner of Ovation magazine/ThisDay Columnist, Dele Momodu on Friday released photos of cancer-stricken Nigeria’s former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, with part of his interview with her. She’s having a running battle with the most dreaded form of cancer of the breast and she’s had to undergo surgeries to remove the lumps and later some chunky tissue. The treatments have not been that successful and it’s been a ding-dong affair for this once ebullient and elegant lady.
The story and the accompanying pictures have prompted many Nigerians to revise their opinion of the disgraced former minister.
While mixed Reactions trailed Diezani Cancer-Stricken looks as she cried out about her ordeal here are 26 Quick Irrefutable Facts beyond her crucifixion in the public glare, followed by 8 key points Diezani made during the interview:
NOT HOLDING BRIEF FOR HER IN ANYWAY…BUT THESE ARE FACTS
26 Quick Irrefutable Facts – SPY NIGERIA
- She has not used pathos nor appealed for anyone’s sympathy. She is just a sick woman that even delayed her hospital photos till obviously a slight break from the chemo. While in office she was undergoing chemo in the UK. The cancer seems to have progressed….sadly.
- She has not sought an injunction from any courts that would stop her prosecution
- Sick people are prosecuted. Buhari’s army even court-martial dead soldiers. Diezani has not told anyone she cannot attend a trial.
- Diezani is in the UK, same place that jailed Ibori and was prosecuting Late Alamieseigha. UK that has extradition agreement with Nigeria.
- Diezani is facing ZERO charges in the UK.
- The senate cleared NNPC of any fraud under Diezani.
- External world-reputed auditors audited Diezani’s NNPC. They did not find her wanting.
- For 6 Months Oshiomole and Co have been unable to bring up charges against her.
- We understand that more international auditors have been commissioned to investigate her. The silence from APC is deafening on this. Could it be they are finding ZERO evidence of wrongdoing?
- six months, yes, 6 MONTHS after NO WORD of an account or money traced to her.
- Kachikwu praised Deziani and her initiatives right there when he was made minister.
- The SUBSIDY FRAUD Buhari and co accused her of, they are paying the same amounts she paid even when crude oil price has been halved.
- It is the same arrangements for refining fuel abroad etc etc that NNPC is still using…the very same contracts.
- All vessels she approved to load, Buhari having shot from the hips and banned them, have all been given clean bill of health.
- The Tompolo she and her government put in charge of waterway security and as some sort of “citizen policing/vigilante” the Buhari government and NIMASA, having reviewed it have stated that Tompolo has the job for the next ten years.
- Fuel scarcity was minimal in her time of service with prices remaining constant even through Christmas.
- The fuel queues and black market which only came about by sabotage at the end of their tenure is alive and well now especially outside Lagos. Black market is booming again.
- The oil theft has not abated a drop since she left, showing the intractability of that malaise and that she is not to blame.
- Moreover she is not the police that should become GI Jane and go after oil thieves.
- Again, not one “subsidy cabal” has been linked to her as her company the way Lagos tax collection companies are linked to Tinubu and Fashola.
- Buhari and Nigeria in six months have not been able to show how removing her has led to increased earnings in any way. They have not told us the barrels declared under her were short. It is same barrels and volume of production.
- There is evidence of fraud against Fashola, placed on public notice by his successor… SPECIFIC DETAILS OF GROSSLY OVERPAID-FOR WEBSITES, BOREHOLES PRICES ONLY POSSIBLE IN MARS and FOOTBRIDGES PAID FOR BUT NEVER BUILT. There is a standing judicial decision against AMaechi in Rivers. SIX MONTHS AFTER, NOT ONE SPECIFIC FRAUD PUT BESIDE THE NAME OF DEZIANI.
- Evidence of the MONORAIL OF AMAECHI and FASHOLA TRAINS are there as monuments to their failure. Deziani successfully fixed four refineries to very appreciable extents that BUHARI WAS CREDITED WITH DOING THEM WITH BODY LANGUAGE. While Amaechi’s Monorail has been declared a waste of state resources and moneys being voted to clear the Billion naira worth of debris, NONE OF DEZIANI’S PROJECTS HAVE A QUESTION MARK ON THEM.
- Nigeria has in six months paid TSA 62 Billion which has been FLAGGED by the senate and populace. With same Saraki and Dino Malaye in the 7th Senate, NONE EVER FLAGGED HER PROJECTS. NOT ONE!!!!
- While people say “the courts have not declared them thieves” on Fashola and Rotimi, those same witches and wizards have condemned THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ONE OF THE MOST EDUCATED AND ACCOMPLISHED WOMEN EVER IN NIGERIA
8 Touching Comments Made By Diezani During Interview With Dele Momodu – 360nobs.com
1. Emir Sanusi broke her heart. Diezani considered former CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido as a friend, and he being the source of the missing $20bn allegation didn’t sit well with her. She said the allegation was “more painful coming from someone I considered a good friend who should appreciate the gravity of such allegation. ”
2. Diezani said she is not the person most people portrayed her to be. “I’m certainly not a demon as being portrayed. I have no doubt that I served my nation well, the reason my colleagues at OPEC supported me despite the opposition from my own people,” she said.
3. Speaking about controversy surrounding her. “Controversy has nothing to do with your qualifications or performance. As a matter of fact, people often hate you for knowing so much and for being efficient and confident which they mistake for arrogance.”
4. She denied claims that some $20bn oil revenue was missing under her watch and challenged anyone with hard facts to come forth. This claim infuriated her. “How can $20billion disappear just like that? Where did it disappear to? Is it possible that such an amount would not be traceable?
5. Diezani said she doesn’t own expensive houses and properties like people claim. “I live with my husband in the same house we’ve lived since we married in 1999. Ask anyone who knows us. Our house in Abuja was bought in 2007 by my husband and as an architect and lover of interior décor I did it up to our own taste. It is not over the top because I have good taste and appreciate bargains. I shop in regular shops like B & Q to do up all the places where I live.
diezani6. She claimed some of those who benefited the most were even in opposition and mentioned how a renowned opposition leader and vocal critic of the Government at the time met her on about three occasions to discuss his interests in the business of oil.
7. Diezani also said she maintained a business-like relationship with ex president Goodluck Jonathan and other male associates she worked with. She denied claims that she has a sister or relative who has a kid for the former president.
8. She added that her relationship with Dame Patience Jonathan wasn’t stormy as people say but cordial, just like the one she has with Jonathan. “What people don’t know is that we’ve been family friends for long. My mum, Mrs Beatrice Agama, has always played the role of a godmother in the Niger Delta and all the militants love and respect her. I come from a royal privileged background and lacked nothing.”
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to email@example.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews