1.The Igbo Conscience (TIC) has viewed with great displeasure the position of some Northern youths that threatened the continued stay of Igbo in the North. We outrightly condemn the statement as well as the ultimatum issued to Igbo to leave the North in three months.
2. We view the statement from the Arewa Youths as dangerous especially as it targets law-abiding Igbo who are doing their legitimate businesses in various parts of the country. We see the threat to the continued stay in the North as a rehash of the unfortunate circumstances that led to the first Civil War and we warn that Nigeria will not survive such grim fate again.
3. TIC is noted to have equally condemned such similar dangerous statements from such equally sinister groups like the Indigenous People of Biafra(IPOD) in the past and we dare to state that the so-called Kaduna Declaration is equally unacceptable. We believe in the peace, unity and togetherness of every Nigerian and we believe such statements divide Nigerians and should not be encouraged.
4. TIC commends some segments of the Northern society for unequivocally condemning and disowning the declaration of the Arewa Youths. We salute the Kaduna State Governor, the Northern Governors Forum and of course, right thinking Northern groups for disowning the position of the Arewa Youths and we see their positions as healthy for the growth of peace and unity in the country. We salute their courage in taking firm positions against the so-called Kaduna Declaration. We charge South East Governors, groups and stakeholders to learn good lessons from this as their silence and acquiesce to the activities of IPOD helped create wrong impressions that spur such groups as Arewa Youths to believe Igbo support the negative activities and statements from IPOB.
5. While we salute the Federal Government for its timely reaction to the Kaduna Declaration, we demand the arrest and prosecution of such groups that propagate hate, ethnic and sectional disharmony, vile lies and propaganda against other ethnic nationalities.
6. TIC, once again, reiterate our firm and unshakable belief that a united Nigeria benefits Igbo and every other NIGERIAN and we will not subscribe to any attempt to violate the peace and harmony in the country by selfish political interests masquerading as ethnic warlords and champions.