Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

How to transfer your INEC voters card

For those that want to transfer your INEC voters card, Below is the INEC Guidelines for Transferring of Registered Voters

A Nigerian has the right to live in any part of the country. An important part of voter registration is that an eligible person is advised to register at a centre nearest to him or her within the Ward in which he or she resides. This is to make it easy for the voter to access the polling unit and vote on election day.

However, a person who relocated to another place, outside the constituency in which he registered cannot vote in his new location unless he transfers his registration. Section 13 of the Electoral Act 2010 as Amended provides for Transfer of Registered Voters.

Procedure for Transfer:-

– Step 1-

– The person who intends to transfer his registration will write an application to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where he is currently residing.

– Step 2-

– The applicant will attach his voters card to the application.

– Step 3-

– The applicant must apply to the Resident Electoral Commissioner not later than 30 days before the date of an election in the constituency where he is residing.

– Step 4-

– The Resident Electoral Commissioner will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area to enter his name in the transferred voters list.

– Step 5-

– The Electoral Officer will assign the applicant to a polling unit in his constituency.

– Step 6-

– The Electoral Officer will issue the applicant with a new voters card

– Step 7-

– The Electoral officer will retrieve the applicants previous voters card

– Step 8-

– He will then send a copy of the entry to the Electoral officer of the constituency where the person whose name has been so entered was originally registered.

– Step 9-

– Upon receipt of this entry, that Electoral Officer shall delete the name from his voters list.

– Note- Apart from State Headquarters Offices of INEC, applicants can also submit their applications at the INEC Office in their Local Government Areas. The applications will be forwarded to the Resident Electoral Commissioner for necessary action.

Comments are closed.