President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered mass retirement of permanent secretaries.
Our correspondent learnt that not less than 17 of them were affected in the exercise which came barely 24 hours to the inauguration of the first cabinet.
The senior civil servants were sacked after a meeting with President Buhari, chief of staff to the president, Abba Kyari and the head of civil service of the federation, Mrs Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita.
Presidency sources confirmed that the move was part of an effort to overhaul the service which is geared towards strengthening the Federal Civil Service.
Most of the permanent secretaries including the acting Head of Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita met yesterday with President Buhari at the presidential villa.
The meeting was held behind closed-door. But most of the affected permanent secretaries wore long faces when they were coming out of the meeting with the President.
The presidency source said the President informed the permanent secretaries that they would be retired during the meeting.
The source said that those affected included those who were senior to Oyo-Ita. who was recently appointed, was said to have wept at the meeting for her seniors who are affected by the new development.
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES APPOINTMENT OF NEW FEDERAL PERMANENT SECRETARIES
AND DEPLOYMENT OF PERMANENT SECRETARIES
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of the following as Permanent Secretaries in the Federal Civil Service:
1. Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba
2. Alhaji Mahmoud Isa-Dutse
3. Mr. Taiwo Abidogun
4. Dr. Bukar Hassan
5. Mrs. Wakama Belema Asifieka
6. Mr. Jalal Ahmad Arabi
7. Mr. Sabiu Zakari
8. Mrs. Obiageli Phyllis Nwokedi
9. Mr. Aminu Nabegu
10. Mr. Bamgbose Olukunle Oladele
11. Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo
12. Dr. Shehu Ahmed
13. Mr. Ogbonnaya Innocent Kalu
14. Mrs. Nuratu Jimoh Batagarawa
15. Mr. Christian Chinyeaka Ohaa
16. Mr. Bassey Apkanyung
17. Mr. Louis Edozien
18. Dr. Ugo Roy
President Buhari has also approved the deployment of Federal Permanent Secretaries as follows:
1. Dr. Shehu Ahmad – Fed. Min. of Agric & Rural Development
2. Arch Sunday Echono – Fed. Min. of Communications
3. Alh. Sabiu Zakari – Fed. Min. of Transportation
4. Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba – Fed. Min. of Information & Culture
5. Amb. Danjuma Sheni – Fed. Min. of Defence
6. Dr. Shade Yemi-Esan – Fed. Min. of Education
7. Mrs. Fatima Mede – Budget & National Planning
8. Alh. Mahmoud Isa Dutse – Fed. Min. of Finance
9. Amb. Bulus Lolo – Fed. Min of Foreign Affairs
10. Dr. Amina Shamaki – Fed. Min. of Health
11. Mr. Aliyu Bisalla -Fed. Min. of Industry, Trade & Investment
12. Mr. Bassey Akpanyung – Fed. Min. of Internal Affairs
13. Mr. Taiwo Abidogun – Fed. Ministry of Justice
14. Dr. Habiba Lawal – Fed. Min. of Science & Tech.
15. Dr. Clement Illoh – Fed. Min. of Labour & Productivity
16. Dr. Jamila Shu’ara – Fed. Min of Petroleum Resources
17. Mrs. Binta Bello – Fed. Min of Women Affairs
18. Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye – Federal Capital Territory
19. Mrs. Rabi Jimeta – Fed. Min. of Water Resources
20. Dr. Bukar Hassan – Fed. Min of Environment
21. Mrs. Wakama B. Asifieka – Fed. Min. of Niger Delta Affairs
22. Mr. Istifanus Fuktur – Fed. Min. of Solid Minerals
23. Mr. Christian Ohaa – Fed. Min of Youth & Sports
24. Engr. A.G. Magaji – Fed. Min. of Works & Housing
25. Mr. Louis Edozien – Fed. Min. of Power
26. Mr. Jalal Arabi – State House
27. Mr. Mohammed Bukar – General Services Office, OSGF
28. Mr. Abbas Mohammed – Ecological Fund Office, OSGF
29. Dr. Ugo Roy – Council Secretariat
30. Mr. Aminu Nabegu – Special Services Office, OSGF
31. Amb. Bamgbose Akindele – Political Affairs Office, OSGF
32. Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo – Economic Affairs Office, OSGF
33. Mrs. Obiageli Nwokedi – Special Duties Office, OSGF
34. Mr. Innocent Ogbonnaya -Career Management Office, OHCSF
35. Mr. S.K.Y. Adelakun – Common Services Office, OHCSF
36. Mrs. N. Batagarawa – Service Policy & Strategies Office, OHCSF
The new appointments and deployments are with effect from today, November 10, 2015.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
November 10, 2015