The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has filed a motion before a federal high court in Lagos seeking to freeze the assets of Government Ekpemupolo, an ex-militant leader better known as Tompolo.
The affected properties include :
• All properties of Mieka Dive Ltd and Mieka Dive Training Institute Ltd situated at No. 77, Lioth Street, ODPA Ugborikoko, Uvwie Local Government Area, Delta State
• All properties of Global West Vessel Specialist Ltd
• All properties of Muhaabix Global Services Ltd
• A River Crew Change Boat named MUHA – 15
• The property known as “Tompolo Dockyard”, by the end of Enerhen Road, Effurun, Warri
• The property known as “Tompolo Yard”, at the end of Chevron Clinic Road, next to Next Oil, Edjeba, Warri
• The Diving School at Kurutie, at Escravos River
• The property known as “Tompolo House” at Oporaza Town, opposite the Palace
• Any other property discovered by the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, moveable and immoveable, belonging to the 1st Accused person
Meanwhile, Elombah.com has learnt that big-wigs in the Delta State government are shielding Mr. Tompolo from prosecution.
Sources close to the Delta State government disclosed that the former militant is currently being harbored by the Delta State government.
Tompolo was sighted in the home of Delta State Deputy Governor in Asaba, on Wednesday, 17th February, and is still believed to be there.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) want Tompolo for a 49 counts charge including the diversion of N45.9 billion Naira.
The EFCC has filed 49 charges against Tompolo that includes conspiracy and diversion of funds belonging to NIMASA but has failed to make himself available as ordered by the court.
Presently, the EFCC, is seeking an order to seize properties belonging to the embattled ex-militant’s Property at No. 1 Chief Agbamu Close DDPA Extension Warri (Effurun), Delta State.
Since he was declared wanted, security agents have traced the ex-militant who hails from Okerenkoko, Gbaramutu Kingdom in the Warri South-West Local Government Area of Delta State, to his last known address at No. 1, Chief Agbanu Street, DDPA Extension, Warri, Delta State, but he was nowhere to be found.
Other sources, however, are claiming that Tompolo is hiding right in his house.
They claim that Tompolo also rides with the deputy governor’s convoy to avoid been detected by security operatives who are on the lookout for him.
The Deputy Governor’s motorcade covers Tompolo, because security agents do not stop and search it, our sources said.
© Copyright 2015 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/reports/articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter handle @Elombah; like our Facebook page: “Elombah.com”
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via email@example.com or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
DOWNLOAD ElombahNews mobile app here
Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page ElombahNews